Full Conference Fee: $550 early bird through April 5 and $600 beginning April 6. Register by May 10. The full conference fee includes:
- Participation in selected workshop
- All morning Craft Talks with faculty
- Publishing Seminar
- Editor’s Talk with Jeff Shotts of Graywolf Press
- All afternoon events including pontoon rides on Lake Bemidji
- All evening Reading Series events
- Five conference meals (See daily schedule)
The Auditor Option: $150 includes all conference amenities and events during the week, including meals, but does not include participation in a workshop or the opportunity for a manuscript consultation. Register by May 10.
- $45 for a Manuscript Consultation: half hour conference with your workshop’s faculty member on a manuscript (up to 20 pages) submitted by May 20, 2016. Please request a manuscript submission form upon workshop registration.
- $25 fee for 28 hours of Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Scholarship Opportunities: Deadline March 1, 2016
- Scholarships are awarded based on need and literary merit to lower financial barriers for those who want to engage in this unique arts learning opportunity.
- One $300 scholarship is awarded toward the conference fee in each of the following workshops: creative nonfiction, fiction, and poetry. A $300 scholarship will also be offered to a Minnesota resident. The participant pays the balance.
- Honorable Mention scholarships of $150 may also be offered in each category.
- Up to ten $250 partnership scholarships will be available to regional and/or Native American Writers who partner with an educational or tribal institution. The participants and their partners pay the balance.
- To Apply: include in conference application a one-page (double-spaced) statement of what you hope to gain from the conference.
- Scholarship recipients are ineligible for other discounts.
Refunds for Cancellations
Before May 20, 2016: A $30.00 cancellation fee will be deducted from the conference fee. The remainder of the fee will be refunded. All other fees will be fully refunded.
After May 20, 2016: Absolutely no refunds for the conference and housing fees will be made after May 20.