Full Conference Fee: $550 Early Bird rate through April 5 and $600 beginning April 6. Register by May 1. Workshops are capped at 13 and applications are processed first-come, first-served. The full conference fee includes:
- Participation in selected workshop
- All morning Craft Talks with faculty
- Publishing Seminar
- Editor’s Talk with Patrick Thomas of Milkweed Editions
- All afternoon events including pontoon rides on Lake Bemidji
- All evening Reading Series events
- Five conference meals (See daily schedule)
The Auditor Option: $150 includes all conference amenities and events during the week, including meals, but does not include participation in a workshop or the opportunity for a manuscript consultation. Register by May 1.
- $45 for a Manuscript Consultation: half hour conference with your workshop’s faculty member on a manuscript (up to 15 pages) submitted by May 20, 2017. Please purchase the manuscript consultation during registration. All manuscripts must be submitted electronically.
- $25 processing fee for 28 hours of Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Scholarship Opportunities: Deadline February 20, 2017
- Scholarships are awarded based on need and literary merit to lower financial barriers for those who want to engage in this unique arts learning opportunity.
- One $300 scholarship is awarded toward the conference fee in each of the following workshops: creative nonfiction, fiction, and poetry. A $300 scholarship will also be offered to a Minnesota resident. The participant pays the balance.
- Honorable Mention scholarships of $150 may also be offered in each category.
- Partnership scholarships may be awarded to qualifying educational and tribal institutions to share the cost of the conference for participant. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- To Apply: include in conference application a one-page (double-spaced) statement of what you hope to gain from the conference.
- Scholarship recipients are ineligible for other discounts.
Refunds for Cancellations
Before May 20, 2017: A $30.00 cancellation fee will be deducted from the conference fee. The remainder of the fee will be refunded. All other fees will be fully refunded.
After May 20, 2017: Absolutely no refunds for the conference and housing fees will be made after May 20.