Full Conference Fee: $650 Early Bird rate February 1 through March 31 and $750 beginning April 1. Register by May 1. Workshops are capped at 12 and applications are processed first-come, first-served. The full conference fee includes:
- Participation in selected workshop (meets 5 times during the conference)
- All morning Craft Talks with faculty
- Publishing Seminar
- Editor’s Talk with Caroline Casey of Coffee House Press
- All afternoon events including pontoon rides on Lake Bemidji
- All evening Reading Series events
- Five conference meals (See daily schedule)
The Auditor Option: $150 includes all conference amenities and events during the week, including meals, but does not include participation in a workshop or the opportunity for a manuscript consultation. Register by May 1.
- $60 for a Manuscript Consultation: half hour conference with your workshop’s faculty member on a manuscript (up to 15 pages) submitted by May 10, 2019. Please purchase the manuscript consultation during registration. All manuscripts must be submitted electronically.
- $25 processing fee for 28 hours of Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Scholarship Opportunities: Deadline January 25, 2019
- Scholarships are awarded based on need and literary merit to lower financial barriers for those who want to engage in this unique arts learning opportunity.
- One $400 scholarship is awarded toward the conference fee in each genre: creative nonfiction, fiction, and poetry. A $400 scholarship will also be offered to a Minnesota resident. The participant pays the balance.
- Honorable Mention scholarships of $200 may also be offered in each category.
- Partnership Scholarships may be awarded to qualifying educational and tribal institutions to share the cost of the conference for participant. Applicants should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- To Apply: include in conference application a one-page (double-spaced) statement of what you hope to gain from the conference.
- Scholarship recipients are ineligible for other discounts.
Refunds for Cancellations
Before May 10, 2019: A $30.00 cancellation fee will be deducted from the conference fee. The remainder of the fee will be refunded. All other fees will be fully refunded.
After May 10, 2019: Absolutely no refunds for the conference and housing fees will be made after May 10.