MNWC 2021 DATES (Dates and Fees subject to change for MNWC 2022)
February 1 – Scholarship Applications Open.
March 1 – Scholarship Application Deadline.
March 1 – Workshop and Auditor Track Application Open (first come, first served on a weekly basis until workshop caps of 12 are reached).
April 1 – Early Bird Registration Deadline (workshop fee goes from $500 to $575).
May 10 – Workshop Application Deadline.
May 10 – Manuscripts Consultation manuscripts due.
May 10 – Last day to cancel with refund. A $50.00 cancellation fee will be deducted from the conference fee. The remainder of the fee will be refunded. All other fees will be fully refunded. Absolutely no refunds for the conference fees will be made after May 10.
- Update – May 1: there is room in the creative nonfiction workshop with J. Drew Lanham and the poetry workshop with John Murillo. (A special congratulations to John – his Kontemporary Amerikan Poetry won the prestigious 2021 Kingsley Tufts Poetry Award!)
- The fiction workshop with Danielle Evans is full. There are waiting lists to join Faith Adiele’s creative nonfiction workshop and Jennifer Foerster’s poetry workshop.
- The affordable Auditor Option will remain open through early June and Region 2 writers qualify for a full auditor scholarship.
June 10 – Last day to register for the affordable Auditor Option
MNWC 2021 PRICING
The Workshop Track: $575 Workshop Registration fee ($500 Early Bird).
The Workshop fee includes:
- Participation in selected workshop (meets 5 times during the conference)
- All morning Craft Talks with faculty
- Faculty Publishing Panel
- Editor’s Talk with Erika Stevens, Senior Editor of Coffee House Press
- Access to and participation in all conference events including Participant Readings, Yoga for Writers, Social Hours, etc.
- All evening Reading Series events
The Auditor Track: the cost of auditing the conference is $100. It will include access to all craft talks, participant readings, editor’s talk/Q&A, publishing panel, yoga for writers, and all faculty readings, including both the craft talk and reading by Nikky Finney. The Auditor Option does not include participation in a workshop or the opportunity for a manuscript consultation. Register by June 10.
Optional fees for Workshop Participants:
- $60 for a Manuscript Consultation: half hour conference with your workshop’s faculty member on a manuscript (up to 15 pages) submitted by May 10, 2021. Please purchase the manuscript consultation during registration. All manuscripts must be submitted electronically.
- $25 processing fee for 20 hours of Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Bemidji State University will issue an official Certificate of Completion for CEUs.