MNWC 2023 DATES
March 1 – Workshop and Auditor Track Application Open (first come, first served on a weekly basis until workshop caps are reached).
March 1 – Scholarship Applications Open.
March 10 – Applications to poetry and creative nonfiction will join a waiting list. We have openings in our two fiction workshops.
March 15 – Scholarship Application Deadline.
April 1 – Early Bird Registration Deadline (workshop fee goes from $795 to $875).
May 10 – Workshop Application Deadline.
May 10 – Manuscripts Consultation manuscripts due.
May 10 – Last day to cancel with refund. A $50.00 cancellation fee will be deducted from the conference fee. The remainder of the fee will be refunded. All other fees will be fully refunded. Absolutely no refunds for the conference fees will be made after May 10.
June 1: We have an opening in Diane Wilson’s Telling True Stories: Memoir to Fiction! Application is open. Apply now!
June 15 – Last day to register for one of the Virtual MNWC Options.
MNWC 2023 PRICING
The WORKSHOP fee is $795 until April 1 and $875 thereafter.
Each workshop meets 4 days, 3 hours each time, with a half hour lunch break, for a total of 10 contact hours. A box lunch will be provided during Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday workshops and the price is included in the fee. Menu selection will be distributed before the conference.
Registration in a Workshop includes:
- Participation in a single intensive writing workshop
- All morning Craft Conversations with faculty
- Faculty Publishing Panel
- Editor’s Talk with Daniel Slager, Publisher & CEO, Milkweed Editions
- Access to and participation in all conference events including several Conference Meals, Pontoon Ride, Yoga for Writers, Participant Reading, etc.
- All Evening Reading Series events
Optional fees for Workshop Participants:
- $100 for a Manuscript Consultation: half hour conference with your workshop’s faculty member on a manuscript (up to 10 pages of poetry or 20 pages of prose) submitted by May 10, 2022. Please purchase the manuscript consultation during registration, if allowed; consultations are limited and are first-come, first-served upon registration. All manuscripts must be submitted electronically.
- $30 processing fee for 20 hours of Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Bemidji State University will issue an official Certificate of Completion for CEUs. Please pay the CEU fee during registration.
The In-Place AUDITOR Track: the cost of auditing the conference in person is $200. It includes access to craft talks, participant readings, editor’s talk/Q&A, publishing panel, yoga for writers, and all faculty readings, including both the craft conversation and reading by Heid E. Erdrich and Sun Yung Shin. The Auditor Option does not include participation in a workshop or the opportunity for a manuscript consultation. Auditors will have a dedicated space to gather and workshop amongst themselves. Space is limited to 20 this year and preference goes to local and regional writers.
The Virtual Auditor Track is $125 and includes:
- all Morning Craft Conversations. See Conference Schedule for times and dates.
- the Editor’s Talk/Q&A with Daniel Slager, Publisher & CEO, Milkweed Editions.
- the MNWC Faculty Publishing Panel.
- all Evening Reading Series readings by faculty.
- the Morning Craft Conversation and Evening Reading by Heid E. Erdrich and Sun Yung Shin.
- and voluntary participation in the Virtual Auditors’ Reading during the conference.
- Register by June 10.
The Virtual Writers Group is $200 and includes:
- the same access as the Virtual Auditor Option plus two facilitated generative writing workshops with a certified Amherst Writers and Artist facilitator and prompts to tide you over on the off days
- and the opportunity to participate in the Virtual Auditors’ Reading during the conference.