We will be updating this page in the coming weeks. Please check back with us.
Scholarship Opportunities: Deadline February 20, 2018
- Scholarships are awarded based on need and literary merit to lower financial barriers for those who want to engage in this unique arts learning opportunity.
- One $400 scholarship is awarded toward the conference fee in each of the following genres: creative nonfiction, fiction, and poetry. A $400 scholarship will also be offered to a Minnesota resident. The participant pays the balance.
- Honorable Mention scholarships of $200 may also be offered in each category.
- Partnership scholarships may be awarded to qualifying educational and tribal institutions to share the cost of the conference for participant. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- To Apply: include in conference application a one-page (double-spaced) statement of what you hope to gain from the conference.
- Scholarship recipients are ineligible for other discounts.
AWP also offers three annual scholarships of $500 each to emerging writers who wish to attend a writers’ conference. Writers of fiction, poetry, and creative nonfiction may enter. The scholarships are applied to fees for winners who attend our conference or any other member programs. Winners and six finalists also receive a one-year individual membership in AWP. Find more information here: The Kurt Brown Prizes.
- $60 for a Manuscript Consultation: half hour conference with your workshop’s faculty member on a manuscript (up to 10 pages of poetry or 20 pages of prose) submitted by May 20, 2018. Please purchase the manuscript consultation during registration. All manuscripts must be submitted electronically.
Continuing Education Units
- $25 processing fee for 28 hours of Continuing Education Units (CEUs).